A world class financial centre
The growth in Luxembourg's financial centre has been driven by the country's international outlook and its role as a founding member of the European Union. Today, Luxembourg is the leading private banking centre in the Eurozone and the second largest investment fund centre in the world.
Investors from various countries embracing the principle of free movement of capital have chosen Luxembourg for their wealth management needs. Many are families and entrepreneurs with interests in multiple jurisdictions, seeking stability and security.
Our combined expertise in private banking and in investment funds enables our clients to benefit from the most innovative solutions in the management and structuring of their assets. Luxembourg's rules on the protection of personal privacy and the rights of investors are among the strictest in the world.
The world's leading centre in cross-border funds for retail and professional investors
Luxembourg is the largest investment fund centre in Europe with over € 2 700 billion in net asset under management and second largest fund center in the world after the United States of America
Luxembourg is the platform of choice for asset management entrepreneurs seeking to distribute their funds internationally
- World's acknowledged leader in UCITS investment funds marketable to retail and institutional investors in Europe, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East
- Major center for alternative asset classes. Luxembourg has established investment structures for all the main alternative classes and was a first mover in the new AIFMD framework. AIFMD allows compliant asset managers to access professional investors across the entire European market
- Luxembourg investment funds are distributed in over 70 countries
Suitable vehicles for each type of investment and distribution strategy
Luxembourg offers a complete range of structures and special purpose vehicles for investment funds that are subject to different levels of regulation. The choice of a structure is generally driven by the investment policy and the distribution strategy of the fund.
Home to experienced, multilingual and talented service providers
A business-friendly environment
Key features include:
- Social and political stability based on a long tradition of social dialogue
- A modern legal and regulatory framework that is continuously updated, thanks to an ongoing cooperation between the government, the legislator and the private sector
- A strong culture of investor protection and rigorous anti money-laundering policies
- Access to a highly-qualified and multilingual workforce
As one of the safest capitals in the world, Luxembourg City is the economic heart of a region of several million inhabitants. It combines the pleasures of a provincial city with the advantages of a European capital. Its cosmopolitan and multilingual character enables new arrivals to find their feet very quickly. Newcomers often cite the excellent quality of life, ease of contact, small size and international culture as reasons to explain the attraction of Luxembourg.