All along the COVID-19 health crisis, we have been taking precautions to guarantee the well-being of our visitors and our staff. We recommend to:
- Contact your adviser by phone or by secure mail, or to make an appointment on our premises,
- Use our e-banking services or our mobile banking application available 24/7, to check your accounts, make payments, check fund performances and read the latest news from Banque de Luxembourg.
We have taken all the necessary health and safety precautions in order to ensure continuous service. Where possible, please contact us by phone or via our secure digital channels. If you would like speak to your adviser, we recommend making an appointment in advance.
Every quarter, our specialists interpret trends in the global economy and financial markets. Read their views on the second quarter of 2020.
- Containment measures to stop the spread of coronavirus are causing a global recession which could reach unprecedented proportions.
- Political and monetary authorities are launching unparalleled fiscal and monetary stimulus programmes.
- The coronavirus pandemic is likely to reinforce a number of trends already evident in recent years: a greater role for the state, even more powerful oligopolistic multinationals, and growing social inequalities.
- The scenario of a strong resumption of economic growth in the second half of the year, on which the market rebound is based, seems illusory.
- The post-crisis economic and financial environment is likely to be very different from before.
- Gold is more than ever an indispensable component of a balanced portfolio.