All along the COVID-19 health crisis, we have been taking precautions to guarantee the well-being of our visitors and our staff. We recommend to:
- Contact your adviser by phone or by secure mail, or to make an appointment on our premises,
- Use our e-banking services or our mobile banking application available 24/7, to check your accounts, make payments, check fund performances and read the latest news from Banque de Luxembourg.
We have taken all the necessary health and safety precautions in order to ensure continuous service. Where possible, please contact us by phone or via our secure digital channels. If you would like speak to your adviser, we recommend making an appointment in advance.
Every quarter, our specialists interpret trends in the global economy and financial markets. Read their views on the four quarter of 2019.
- Provided there is no major incident on the financial markets, the weakness of manufacturing activities is unlikely to lead to recession give the resilience of service sector activities.
- The central banks are reacting to economic and geopolitical uncertainties by easing their monetary policy.
- Given the low level of interest rates, demands for expansionary fiscal policies are increasing, despite already excessive levels of debt.
- The main asset classes only offer slim prospects for returns in the coming years.
- High quality companies will continue to be the main beneficiaries in an environment of moderate growth and low cost of capital.
- With real interest rates declining, the price of gold is likely to continue rising.