All along the COVID-19 health crisis, we have been taking precautions to guarantee the well-being of our visitors and our staff. We recommend to:
- Contact your adviser by phone or by secure mail, or to make an appointment on our premises,
- Use our e-banking services or our mobile banking application available 24/7, to check your accounts, make payments, check fund performances and read the latest news from Banque de Luxembourg.
We have taken all the necessary health and safety precautions in order to ensure continuous service. Where possible, please contact us by phone or via our secure digital channels. If you would like speak to your adviser, we recommend making an appointment in advance.
Every quarter, our specialists interpret trends in the global economy and financial markets. Read their views on the third quarter of 2020.
- In 2020, the global economy will see its deepest recession in the post-war period.
- The explosion in public debt rules out any monetary tightening, however small.
- Central banks are destroying the foundations of the market economy, thereby jeopardising the advances in prosperity achieved in recent decades.
- The scale of the equity market rebound is astonishing given the economic damage.
- Companies able to deliver sustained growth are the main beneficiaries of a low interest rate environment.
- The decline in real interest rates will continue to support the gold price.
Due to health risks, this edition of 'Perspectives' will not be available in paper format.