Language And Country
MENU - CONTACT
- Contact your adviser by phone or by secure mail, or to make an appointment on our premises,
- Use our e-banking services or our mobile banking application available 24/7, to check your accounts, make payments, check fund performances and read the latest news from Banque de Luxembourg.
MENU - Mon Compte
Please note that a number of fraudulent e-mails are currently circulating, seeking to recover your personal and banking data.
We remind you that Banque de Luxembourg and LuxTrust will never contact you directly via your personal email address, by SMS or by telephone asking you to log in to your secure site and/or to provide confidential information linked to your accounts and bank cards.
Apple Pay - Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I need to get started with Apple Pay?
To use Apple Pay with Banque de Luxembourg, you will need:
- A valid Banque de Luxembourg payment card
- A compatible Apple device
- The latest version of iOS, watchOS or macOS
- An Apple ID linked to iCloud
2. Do I have to pay to use Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is free to set up and use. However, you will need an internet connection to register your card. Your internet provider may apply additional charges.
3. Which cards and how many devices can I use with Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is available for all our clients with the payment cards below:
- V-Pay Jeunes
- VISA Classic
- VISA Premier
- VISA Business
- VISA Infinite
You can use the same card with up to nine different devices.
4. Can I have more than one payment card in my wallet?
You can add up to 12 cards with iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and later, and with Apple Watch Series 3 and later. With older models, you can add up to 8 cards.
5. Is there a maximum payment amount with Apple Pay?
The maximum payment amount for Apple Pay is the same as your Banque de Luxembourg card limit.
6. Can I use Apple Pay in other countries?
You can use Apple Pay with a valid Banque de Luxembourg payment card in participating shops worldwide.
7. Does my credit card have contactless technology?
All Banque de Luxembourg credit and debit cards include contactless technology. You will see the contactless symbol on the front of your card. With Apple Pay, you can use this contactless technology and your smartphone to pay without entering your PIN code, even for purchases above the €50 contactless limit.
8. How are Apple Pay transactions protected?
For every payment you make using your iPhone, iPad or Mac, you must authenticate yourself using Face ID, Touch ID or the passcode you use to unlock your device.
Your Apple Watch is protected by the passcode that only you know, and this passcode is required every time you put on your Apple Watch or when you pay using Apple Pay. Your card details are never shared with the seller.
When you pay in shops, neither Apple nor your device sends your card number to sellers. When you pay within apps and on the web in Safari, the seller will only receive information such as the name, email address and billing or shipping address that you provided at checkout.