Language And Country
MENU - CONTACT
Our teams are readily available to assist you and personally respond to any special requirements or questions you may have. Don't hesitate to contact them.
MENU - Mon Compte
Please note that a number of fraudulent e-mails are currently circulating, seeking to recover your personal and banking data.
We remind you that Banque de Luxembourg and LuxTrust will never contact you directly via your personal email address, by SMS or by telephone asking you to log in to your secure site and/or to provide confidential information linked to your accounts and bank cards.
Frequently asked questions
1. What if I forget my password?
You can retrieve your LuxTrust password using the initial password in the letter you received from LuxTrust.
- If you still have your initial password or your letter from LuxTrust, go to the LuxTrust website to retrieve your password
- If you no longer have your initial password or your original letter from LuxTrust, contact the BL-Support team, who will send you your original login credentials by letter or SMS
2. What if I forget my LuxTrust user ID?
You can find your LuxTrust User ID in the letter you received from LuxTrust when your certificate was created.
If you no longer have this letter, contact your adviser.
3. What should I do if my LuxTrust certificate is blocked?
As a security precaution, your LuxTrust certificate will be blocked after 5 failed login attempts. It will be unblocked automatically after 12 hours.
If you want to unblock your LuxTrust certificate immediately, there are 2 options:
Unblock your account on-line
- You will need the initial password which you received from LuxTrust by letter or SMS. Go to the LuxTrust website to unblock your account on-line
Unblock your account by phone
- Call the LuxTrust helpdesk on (+352) 24 550 550
4. Which devices may I use to log in to the E-Banking area?
You can connect to the Banque de Luxembourg E-Banking area using any LuxTrust device.
However, to access the full range of E-Banking features, you must use Banque de Luxembourg’s preferred means of authentication: LuxTrust Scan or the LuxTrust Mobile app.
5. What if I lose my LuxTrust Scan device?
If you lose your LuxTrust Scan device, contact your adviser, who will send you a new one.
When you receive your new LuxTrust Scan device, you will need to link it to your LuxTrust certificate using the steps below:
- Go to the LuxTrust website
- Click "LOGIN" in the "Manage my products" menu
- Authenticate yourself using an active LuxTrust device. (If you do not have one, you must call the LuxTrust helpdesk to obtain a ‘security code’ which you can use to authenticate yourself)
- The details of your certificate will appear on the screen
- Go to the line displaying the LuxTrust Scan icon and press "Remove your device"
- Then, on the same line displaying the LuxTrust Scan icon, press the "Connect a device " button and follow the activation procedure for your new device
If you have questions, contact the BL-Support team.
6. Why LuxTrust?
Banque de Luxembourg has partnered with LuxTrust to offer a new secure authentication solution: LuxTrust Scan and its mobile version, the LuxTrust Mobile app.
LuxTrust is a certification authority that issues and monitors secure electronic certificates. LuxTrust was founded on 18 November 2005 by the Luxembourg government and key players in th financial sector.
LuxTrust offers secure solutions for authentication between on-line partners and digital signing of on-line transactions.
LuxTrust S.A. has had Financial Sector Professional (PSF) status since 27 June 2006. This allows it to work even more closely with financial sector professionals while guaranteeing the necessary confidentiality and security.
LLuxTrust S.A. is listed as “under supervision” by ILNAS, the Luxembourg public standardisation service, as a certification service provider (CSP) under number 2013/8/001. This attests to LuxTrust’s expertise and strict compliance with the most stringent European security norms and standards.
7. What is a certificate?
Before you can use the LuxTrust Scan device or the LuxTrust Mobile app, you will need an electronic certificate issued by LuxTrust. The electronic certificate can be compared to a digital ID card allowing you to prove your personal identity and encrypt the data you exchange.
8. Will LuxTrust contact me by Email?
LuxTrust may contact you by email in connection with the activation, renewal and expiry of your certificate.
LuxTrust will never ask you to provide personal data by email.
9. When will my LuxTrust certificate expire?
Your LuxTrust icertificate is valid for 3 years and must be renewed every 3 years.
Shortly before your certificate expires, you will receive an email notification from LuxTrust inviting you to renew your certificate.
It is important to renew your certificate before it expires to ensure continuous acces to the Banque de Luxembourg E-Banking area.
10. If my certificate is due to expire, how can I renew it?
As soon as you receive a notification inviting you to renew your LuxTrust certificate:
- Contact the BL-Support team, who will give you a voucher entitling you to renew your certificate free of charge
- Then go to the LuxTrust website and follow the instructions
Your new certificate will be valid for 3 years.
11. How can I check the status of my certificate?
You can check the status of your certificate and the details registered on it at any time by visiting the LuxTrust website.
12. What if I change the smartphone on which the LuxTrust Mobile app is installed?
You must activate the LuxTrust Mobile app on your new smartphone or tablet using the steps below:
- Download the LuxTrust Mobile app from your device’s app store.
- Once the app is installed, select ‘START ACTIVATION’, enter your LuxTrust user ID and press ‘NEXT’.
- IF you still have your old smartphone or another LuxTrust device, select it and use it to continue the activation process.
- IF you no longer have a working LuxTrust device, call the LuxTrust helpdesk on (+352) 24 550 550.
- After confirming your identity, the helpdesk agent will send you a LuxTrust Security Code by e-mail. In the LuxTrust app, select ‘I no longer have my device’ at the bottom of the screen. Then enter your LuxTrust password and the code you received by e-mail to finish activating the app.
Important: For increased security and convenience, we recommend that you enable the use of biometric data (facial or fingerprint recognition) and allow notifications from the app, when prompted by the LuxTrust app.
If you have questions, please contact the BL Support team.